By proceeding with your booking you are deemed to have accepted the following terms and conditions for the hire of the hall.
The ‘Hirer’ is the person who is making the booking to hire Heyford Park Chapel for a single event. The ‘Chapel’ is the Parochial Church Council of Heyford Park Chapel.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF HIRE
The Hirer will be present in the building throughout the duration of the hire period.
The Hirer shall be responsible during the period of hire for:-
- Supervision of the use of the premises and the care of its fabric and contents
- Ensuring that the purpose and conduct of the hire does not disrupt the use of any other room hired by other persons
- Ensuring that the premises (including foyer, kitchen, kitchen appliances and toilets as appropriate) are left clean and tidy.
- Ensuring that all furniture has been returned to its original position, the premises are cleared of people, all lights switched off, and the building secured
- Ensuring that any temporary fittings and fixtures, such as decorations comply with Health and Safety guidance, and in particular ensuring that any decorations used are not a fire hazard, and are not secured with drawing pins or anything else which makes a hole in any fixture or fitting of the Chapel
- Ensuring that any equipment or electrical appliances brought onto the premises are used in a safe manner
- Ensuring that no animals (including birds), except assist dogs are brought into the building, without written permission of the Chapel.
- Ensuring that NO animals whatsoever enter the kitchen at any time
- Ensuring that no barbeques, LPG appliances or highly flammable substances are brought onto the premises
- Ensuring that they and their attendees recognise the fact that the premises are situated in a residential neighbourhood and conduct themselves accordingly.
- Conforming with the any supplier’s Bouncy Castle policy and confirming to the Chapel that they have appropriate public liability insurance for the bouncy castle.
- Ensuring that the number of people attending does not exceed 100 persons.
- Ensuring that the sanctuary/stage area is respected at all times
Bookings which may be refused
The Chapel booking administrator, on behalf of the trustees, has the right to refuse any booking for whatever reason. The Chapel is unlikely to accept bookings for teenage or adult parties.
For a single booking, payment is due before the event.
A deposit is required for all bookings. If the hall is not left in an acceptable state deductions will be made before the deposit is returned.
- No charge if cancelled 1 week or more before a booking.
- 100% of booking charge is due if cancellation is 1 week or less before a booking.
The Hirer shall:
- Ensure that the “Emergency Exit” signs are not covered.
- Ensure that the Fire Brigade is called to any outbreak of fire, however slight, and details given to the Chapel
- Ensure that all fire exits in the room they have booked are kept clear at all times.
- Ensure that exits are not blocked.
The Evacuation Meeting Place is in the Community Garden.
Use of premises
The Hirer shall not:-
- sub-let or use the premises for any purpose other than that described in their Booking Application
- use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way
- do anything or bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the premises or render invalid any insurance policies in respect thereof
- allow the use of drugs on the premises
- allow smoking in the premises.
- Allow any activity which is in contradiction to the Christian faith.
Vehicles are parked at owner’s risk.
Premises Licence and other relevant legislation
- The sale of alcohol, either directly or by inclusion in a ticket price, or by any other means, is not allowed without the express permission of the Chapel.
- Any performance which is ticketed is also not allowed, without the express permission of the Chapel.
- Any activity which includes gaming, betting and lotteries is not allowed, without the express permission of the Chapel.
A breach of this condition may lead to prosecution by the local authority.
The hirer is to ensure that no children or vulnerable adults are put at risk as a result of the activities during the hire period. If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm please contact the Chapel in confidence, or the Police in an emergency.
As directed by the Chapel, the Hirer shall make good or pay for all damage (including accidental damage) to the premises or to the fixtures, fittings or contents and for loss of contents
The Hirer must notify the Chapel before booking as to whether they hold their own public liability insurance. If not, then they will be subject to the public liability insurance held by the Chapel.
The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that any third party such as a catering company or operator hired to bring equipment such as bouncy castles onto the premises has relevant and appropriate insurance, which shall include public liability insurance, proof of which should be sent to the Chapel prior to the event.
In the case of an accident the hirer shall ensure the appropriate medical assistance is sought, or an ambulance is called. The hirer will notify the Chapel of the accident as soon as possible.
Cancellation by the Chapel
The Chapel reserves the right to cancel a hiring by written notice to the Hirer by giving 4 weeks’ notice and returning the deposit monies.
The Chapel’s sound equipment is not part of the hire.
Items from the kitchen may be used (by prior arrangement) and should be washed/cleaned and replaced after use.
Floors should be cleaned and carpets hoovered in rooms used as necessary. There is an option on the booking form for the Chapel to clean the carpets, but the hirer should leave it in a reasonable state.
Fridge & freezer
If the fridge or freezer is used, food must be appropriately wrapped before placing it in the appliance and all food should be taken off the premises at the end of the hire period.
All rubbish should be taken away from the premises at the end of the hire period. The external wheelie bins are not part of the hire and should not be used. Failure to remove all rubbish may result in a reduction in deposit returned.
Access will be arranged upon booking. A key will not normally be available.
Updated: February 2024